The exploding growth of enterprise data storage puts tremendous pressure on IT managers, who must accommodate ever-greater volume with ever-tighter budgets. This increased need for enterprise storage, coupled with the decline in IT budgets, creates a need for reliable, low-cost solutions. Enter Serial ATA (SATA), a new interface developed with enterprise storage in mind. Some hard drive companies design desktop-class hard drives with the SATA interface, but WD is going one better. To meet the demands of enterprise storage, Western Digital is the only company to combine an enterprise-class hard drive with the SATA interface to meet all the demands of the enterprise environment-reliability, performance, and reduced cost.
- Storage Capacity: 36.70 GB
- Maximum External Data Transfer Rate: 150 MBps (1.2 Gbps)
- Maximum Internal Data Transfer Rate: 102 MBps (816 Mbps)
- Rotational Speed: 10000 rpm
- Buffer: 8 MB
- Average Seek Time: 5.20 ms
- Average Latency: 2.99 ms
- Drive Interface: SATA/150
- SATA Pin: 7-pin
- Input Voltage: 12 V DC
- Input Voltage: 5 V DC
- Drive Type: Internal
- Drive Width: 3.5"
- Drive Height: 1/3H
- Height: 1.0"
- Width: 4.0"
- Depth: 5.8"
- Weight (Approximate): 1.60 lb
- Additional Information: WD RAPTOR PRODUCT BENEFITS:
- Built for speed: The WD Raptor has 10,000 RPM rotational disk speed and 5.2 ms average data seek times
- Built for reliability: It has a rugged, enterprise-class mechanical platform with high-end bearings and actuator
- Built to last: This Enterprise SATA (ESATA) hard drive is made for years of high-performance operation around the clock. MTBF has been calculated at 1.2 million hours
- Built with a backing: WD Raptor ESATA hard drives carry Western Digital's five-year warranty
- Built for value: WD Raptor is priced nearly a third lower than Parallel SCSI enterprise hard drives
FOR BUSINESS-CRITICAL APPLICATIONS:
- Mid-range to high-end Storage Area Network (SAN) and network-attached storage (NAS) applications
- Department and mid-range servers
- Dual-processor workstations
- Limited Warranty: 5 Year
Additional Warranty Information: Warranty Policy and Limitations:
Western Digital Corporation ("WDC") values your business and always attempts to provide you the very best of service.
No limited warranty is provided by WDC unless your WDC Product ("Product") was purchased from an authorized distributor or authorized reseller. Distributors may sell Products to resellers who then sell Products to end users. Please see below for warranty information or obtaining service. No warranty service is provided unless the Product is returned to an authorized return center in the region(Americas, Europe-Middle East-Africa, or Asia Pacific) where the Product was first shipped by WDC.
If your Product was purchased as a component integrated within a system by a system manufacturer, no limited warranty is provided by WDC. Please contact the place of purchase or the system manufacturer directly for warranty service.
Western Digital has adopted a new warranty policy effective October 1, 2002. Western Digital WD Caviar Special Edition hard drives are covered under warranty for a three-year period. Western Digital WD Raptor hard drives are covered under warranty for a five-year period. All other Western Digital products will be covered under a standard warranty for a period of one year. Products purchased before October 1, 2002 are covered under the product's original warranty, unless otherwise noted on the retail packaging.
- Opens in a new window.