The Special Edition hard drive provides a higher percentage of cache hits and significantly faster time to data than industry-standard 2 MB versions. Within the complex operations of hard drives, the buffer is used to hold the results of recent reads from the disk, and also to "pre-fetch" information that is likely to be requested in the near future. The use of an increased buffer improves the performance by reducing the number of physical accesses to the disk and allowing data to stream from the disk uninterrupted by mechanical operations.
WD2000JB Product Overview
- Storage Capacity: 200 GB
- Maximum External Data Transfer Rate: 100 MBps (800 Mbps)
- Maximum Internal Data Transfer Rate: 92 MBps (736 Mbps)
- Rotational Speed: 7200 rpm
- Buffer: 2 MB
- Average Seek Time: 10.90 ms
- Average Latency: 4.20 ms
- Drive Interface: IDE
- Drive Interface Standard: IDE Ultra ATA/100 (ATA-6)
- Input Voltage: 5 V DC
- Input Voltage: 12 V DC
- Drive Width: 3.5"
- Drive Height: 1/3H
- Height: 1.0"
- Width: 4.0"
- Depth: 5.8"
- Weight (Approximate): 1.32 lb
- Cable Select compliant 40-pin
- 80-conductor IDE interface cable
- mounting screws
- installation poster
- installation guide and Data Lifeguard Tools installation software and utilities
Additional Information: Data Protection Enhancements:
Data Lifeguard is an expanded set of protection tools which include shock protection, an environmental protection system, and embedded error detection and repair features that automatically find, isolate, and repair problem areas that may develop over the extended use of the hard drive.
Data Lifeguard Tools is a set of software utilities that work in conjunction with the embedded Data Lifeguard features to make hard drive installation, drive management diagnostics, and repair simple and worry-free.
- Limited Warranty: 3 Year
- Opens in a new window.