The HP StorageWorks DAT 72 USB tape drive provides an optimum balance of dependable backup capacity and low cost of ownership for small and medium businesses, remote offices and workgroups. The DAT 72 delivers a capacity of 72 GB on a single data cartridge and a transfer rate of 23 GB/hr (assuming a 2:1 compression ratio) and the USB 2.0 interface provides plug-and-play connectivity, enabling backup to be initiated from straight out of the box in less than 60 seconds.
- Drive Type: DAT 72
- Compressed Storage Capacity: 72 GB
- Native Storage Capacity: 36 GB
- Recording Method: Helical Scan
- Maximum Native Data Transfer Rate: 3 MBps
- Maximum Compressed Data Transfer Rate: 6 MBps
- Buffer: 8 MB
- Formats Supported: DAT 72 (Read/Write)
- Host Interface: USB
- Color: Carbonite
- Form Factor: External
- Height: 1.8"
- Width: 7.1"
- Depth: 8.7"
- Weight (Approximate): 4.19 lb
- Burst Transfer Rate: 6 MB/s (asynchronous), 40 MB/s (synchronous)
- Rewind Time: 120 s (end to end)
- Rewind Tape Speed: 1.41 m/s
- Data Compression: Lempel-Ziv (DCLZ)
- Error Detection/Correction: Reed-Solomon
- Data Encoding Method: Partial Response Maximum Likelihood (PRML)
- HP ProLiant DL Servers
- HP ProLiant ML Servers
- HP Personal Workstations
- Microsoft Windows
- Linux (various distributions)
- Opens in a new window.