The MSA500 G2 4-Port I/O Module option offers 4 Ultra320 ports to extend connectivity to up to 4 hosts or supporting multipath configurations. It frees captive storage capacity dedicated to a single server and increase storage utilization over internal server storage.
- Controller Type: Ultra320 SCSI
- RAID Supported: No
- Total Number of SCSI Ports: 4
- SCSI Connector Details: 4 VHDCI
- Form Factor: Plug-in Module
- Platform Supported: PC
- Compatible Slots: 1 x expansion slot
- 4-node cluster support with Serviceguard and LifeKeeper for Linux and Novell NetWare
- Multipath support with load balancing enhances cluster fault tolerance by adding multiple paths from the host servers to the MSA500 G2. This provides an additional level of fault tolerance by adding redundancy to both the HBA in the host server as well as the SCSI cables connecting the host servers to the shared storage
- Attach up to four independent servers to the Modular Smart Array 500 G2. The storage capacity to each server is assigned with SSP (Shared Storage Presentation), a feature of the Array Configuration Utility. Using SSP and sharing storage among multiple host servers maximizes hard drive capacity utilization, and allows for additional hard drive capacity to be deployed (up to 14) with the volume extension and capacity expansion capabilities
- Mix 2-node cluster and shared storage configurations. This supported configuration allows for a 2-node cluster and 2 non-clustered servers to share the Modular Smart Array 500 G2 storage systems for maximum storage utilization
- Smart Array 642 Adapters
- Smart Array 6i Adapters
- Opens in a new window.