Record capacity, enterprise-class reliability
The Ultrastar A7K1000 delivers up to one terabyte of storage capacity in a standard 3.5-inch form factor, filling a vital need for high-density storage in the enterprise. As the third generation design, based on the popular Deskstar E7K500, the Ultrastar A7K1000 continues to set the standard in enterprise-class reliability and performance for enterprise and nearline applications requiring high-capacity storage. With a unique 5-platter design, Hitachi has relaxed the bit densities to achieve higher reliability. The Ultrastar A7K1000 is built using the industry's most reliable perpendicular magnetic recording (PMR) recording heads and media.
- Storage Capacity: 500 GB
- Maximum External Data Transfer Rate: 300 MBps (2.3 Gbps)
- Maximum Internal Data Transfer Rate: 133.8 MBps (1 Gbps)
- Rotational Speed: 7200 rpm
- Buffer: 32 MB
- Average Seek Time: 8.20 ms
- Average Latency: 4.17 ms
- Drive Interface: SATA
- Drive Interface Standard: SATA/300
- SATA Pin: 7-pin
- Drive Type: Internal
- Drive Width: 3.5"
- Height: 1.0"
- Width: 4.0"
- Depth: 5.8"
- Weight (Approximate): 1.54 lb
- Green Compliant: Yes
- Green Compliance Certificate/Authority: REACH
- Opens in a new window.