The AMD Opteron processor, enabling simultaneous 32- and 64-bit computing, represents the landmark introduction of AMD64 with Direct Connect Architecture. The AMD Opteron processor is designed to run existing 32-bit applications with outstanding performance and offers customers a simplified migration path to 64-bit computing. This evolutionary processor provides a dramatic leap forward in compatibility, performance, investment protection, and reduced total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Processor Manufacturer: AMD
- Processor Core: Single-core (1 Core)
- Clock Speed: 2 GHz
- Process Technology: 90 nm
- Processor Technology: HyperTransport Technology
- Additional Information:
- 64-bit wide key data and address paths that incorporate a 48-bit virtual address space and a 40-bit physical address space
- Two (2) additional pipeline stages (compared to AMD's seventh generation architecture) for increased performance and frequency scalability
- Integrated memory controller reduces latencies during memory access in a SMP server system
- Platform Supported: PC
- Opens in a new window.