Intel's next-generation processor platform is designed to deliver improvements in memory bandwidth, throughput speed, power consumption and overall system performance to provide an optimized solution for DP processor-based workstations and servers. This rich stable of technology improvements addresses the requirements of today's data-hungry systems and software applications that crave performance. These new offerings feature an advanced Intel Xeon Processor with a 2MB L2 memory cache that reduces or even eliminates system bottlenecks by balancing performance between the processor, I/O and memory. In order to maximize the performance gains of your IBM xSeries server consider upgrading to a second Intel Xeon Processor. By fully populating your xSeries server, you enjoy the price/performance benefits and maximize the return on investment for a small incremental cost.
- Processor Manufacturer: Intel
- Processor Core: Single-core (1 Core)
- Clock Speed: 3.40 GHz
- Bus Speed: 800 MHz
- L2 Cache: 2 MB
- Composite Theoretical Performance (CTP): 12988 MTOPS
- 800MHz front-side bus speed increases system throughput by as much as 50% compared to legacy products
- 2MB L2 cache support provides the scalability to meet the changing needs of e-Business applications
- Platform Supported: PC
- IBM Z Pro-6223 Workstation
- IBM x-226-8648 Server
- IBM x-226-8488 Server
- Opens in a new window.