The HP A7173A LVD PCI-X dual-port SCSI adapter features two independent SCSI Ultra320 ports allowing an aggregate SCSI speed of 640 MBps. It allows connections of up to 30 SCSI devices (15 per channel). Devices can be asynchronous, fast, ultra, ultra160 or ultra320. It provides 16-bit Low Voltage Differential (LVD) and 16-bit Single-Ended (SE) SCSI solutions for the HP 9000 servers, using only one PCI slot. With up to 640 MBps and capability of up to 100,000 I/Os per second, this adapter is ideal for systems where data intensive and high availability applications are being used. It is backward compatible and features domain validation technology by automatically detecting and compensating for marginally performing hardware by reducing communication speed, thus allowing a customer to use SCSI with data integrity, even when conditions do not permit transfers at the speeds negotiated between the initiator and the target. The user is then notified so that the problem can be corrected.
- Host Interface: PCI-X
- Controller Type: Ultra320 SCSI
- RAID Supported: No
- Number of Physical Drive Supported: 30
- Total Number of SCSI Ports: 4
- Number of SCSI Ports (Internal): 2
- Number of SCSI Ports (External): 2
- SCSI Connector Details: 2 HD-68
- SCSI Connector Details: 2 VHDCI
- Height: 4.0"
- Width: 6.6"
- Thickness: 0.7"
- Form Factor: Plug-in Card
- Platform Supported: PC
- HP 9000 server
- c8000 workstation
- SD16-32-64 PA and Integrity
- rp5400 series
- rp2400 series
Supported Operating System:
- HP-UX versions 11i v1
- HP-UX versions 11i v2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 64-Bit. Both Enterprise and Datacenter Edition
- OpenVMS V8.2
- Red Hat Linux Advanced Server 3.0 for the Itanium Processor
- Novell/SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 for the Itanium Processor
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux(RHEL) 3
- Novell SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server (SLES) 9
You may also like
- Opens in a new window.